Greek School of Oxford
Pupils are grouped according to age and level and the classes are kept small to ensure optimal learning. All tutors are native speakers, qualified and with experience in teaching. Children are encouraged to participate actively in lessons. Emphasis is placed on oral communication in the younger groups through fun and varied activities. All four language skills are taught and practised: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Short homework pieces are set each week for most groups. Greek cultural elements are incorporated to enhance learning, through literature, history, drama, music and visits to museums/exhibitions according to the age group and special interests of the tutors. The curriculum includes learning about feasts, celebrations and important dates in the Greek calendar.
Term dates for the academic year 2017 - 2018
Start date 15/16 September 2017
Half term 27/28 October 2017
Finish date 15/16 December 2017
Start date 12/13 January 2018
Half term 17/18 February 2018
Finish date 24/25 March 2018
Start date 20/21 April 2018
Half term 01/02 June 2018
Finish date 06/07 July 2018
Greek Easter 8 April
9 - 10 years old (Greek as a second language)
5 - 8 years old(Greek as a foreign language)
7 - 10 years old (Greek as a second language)
5 - 6 years old (Greek as a foreign language)
Saturday 11:15 - 13:15
Saturday 11:15 - 11:15
4 - 5 years old (Greek as a second language)
6 - 7 years old (Greek as a second language)
|Saturday 13:30 - 15:30
10-12 years old
(Greek as a foreign language)
9-12 Years old
(Greek as a second language)
13-15 Years old
- Families with one child: 90 Pounds per term or 270 Pounds per year.
- Families with two children: 145 Pounds per term or 435 Pounds per year.
- Families with three children: 160 Pounds per term or 480 Pounds per year.
All fees will be paid electronically to the Greek School Bank Account by either:
– Three standing orders (one for each term)
– Single, one full year payment via bank transfer
Cheques are no longer acceptable.
The details of the school bank account are:
Name of the account: Greek School of Holly Trinity
Account number: 10689095
Sort code: 60 10 28
• All payments for every term should be completed before the start of each term (please see the term schedule for the term dates).
• Delayed payment will be charged with extra 10% per month (1 day after the deadline = 1 month or 10% increase).
• In the case of outstanding fees:
– The family with outstanding fees will be notified in writing/email by the Chairman and the Treasurer. The headteacher and/or the class teachers should not be engaged in fees-related discussions.
– The chairman with the treasurer and possibly a third member of the committee will make the effort to meet up with the family on the first day of the school term and try to resolve the issue and help the family, if need be.
– The fees for the following term and surcharges should be paid ahead of the next term.
– Failure to pay the fees for three consecutive terms, and provided that no declaration to the committee of “unable to Pay” is in place, will lead towards potentially stopping the family from using the school teaching sessions for the following year.
Please contact Mrs Virginia Villioti
Tel: 01993 358075